Becoming a Jack-of-all-Trades

One unique feature of my internship this summer is that I have been involved in many different areas of the business. The company is a small startup that needed work in each department. I knew that my Babson education would be a huge help here as in my first two years I have taken courses in marketing, information technology, and personal finance just to name a few.

Throughout my summer, I have worked on building out portfolios and developing services for our clients. I constantly noticed myself using my knowledge from my FME and personal finance classes to produce my work.

My marketing class helped me create a marketing plan for our latest product using segmenting, targeting, and positioning. Now we are moving on to the next step to start promoting.

The latest project has involved redesigning our website to clean up low viewed pages as well as to promote our new services. I used techniques learned from my IT class such as the F-pattern and minimalism to develop a stronger website.

This internship made me feel like a Jack-of-all-Trades as I was working on projects across many different departments. I was able to take on all the projects with confidence due to my diverse Babson education.