From Amazing Mentor to Amazing Boss

Even before I accepted my internship offer, my boss has been an incredible mentor helping me in any way he can. We spoke on the phone for hours discussing the industry and he offered me career advice. I knew at that moment, I had someone who really cared about me and my growth. I knew that I would be foolish to turn down the opportunity to work with him.

Shortly after I accepted the offer, I received a package at home. It featured three different books with a note, “Here is a gift to you, Taras. Please read them and we will discuss”. Another moment in which I felt truly blessed to have found a mentor with such kind actions.

The three books I received were: The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason, Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre, and Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds by Charles Mackay.

I am currently in the process of reading through Reminiscences of a Stock Operator but already this book and the one prior have enlighted me with the knowledge that I would not have received without my mentor.