Discovering ‘The’ Internship

If you’re anything like me, you may have experienced that period of time-most likely over winter break-engrossed in a state of panic in finding a position in your desired field that was offered by an admirable company or organization. While I was quite excited at the thought of an internship, the search most definitely seemed daunting and stressful, nonetheless. Over the course of about 8 weeks, I think I learned more about myself in terms of my goals and aspirations for the future than in my nearly 2 decades of existence. Having read countless mission statements and company philosophies, while simultaneously being asked various questions throughout each application process, I spent a considerable amount of time thinking about what it was I wanted to learn, how I could evolve my skills, and what I would be able to contribute to a company this summer.

Being rather interested in marketing, I knew when applying to internships that I wanted to be a part of a company with a good reputation and one which was notorious for its exceptional marketing and advertising. This is precisely how William Raveis, a Real Estate, Mortgage, and Insurance company, immediately caught my eye. With a growing presence in the northeast, and having ambitions to further expand across the country, this company over the last several decades has proved its excellence in branding, as well as creating and communicating its value to its market. Recently, for instance William Raveis was honored with the Top Luxury Brokerage Award in 2018, which recognized the company for its greatness in its marketing strategies.

When continuing my research on this company, I grew more and more fascinated on how CEO Bill Raveis has repeatedly driven the agency to be a leader in the industry by means of its digital advancements. The company has not only been able to effectively utilize multiple software and social platforms, but has also successfully produced materials for both the clients and agents to make for a truly one-of-a-kind experience.

What motivated me to apply to the the marketing internship position at William Raveis, therefore, was knowing that I would be able to be part of something extraordinary, as well as be integrated into a company that values continuous improvement ALWAYS. That, I believe, is what sold me and helped me discover ‘The’ Internship.