Ending Things on a Good Note, Literally

It’s the third week of August, which means that my internship at Kapten & Son has come to an end! Although this is exciting because it means no more waking up at the crack of dawn to commute to Brooklyn and more beach days, I know that I will definitely miss the energy and people at Kapten.

In my FYS class at Babson, Professor Brett Chin once wrote on the board, “Relationships are the currency of power.” He told us that this meant to always make people a priority and to really care about the people that you meet. He always made it a point to have my section sign a “Thank You” card to any speakers that we had because he emphasized that this little gesture makes all the difference.

I carried this advice with me as my internship came to an end. Even though I worked and was more familiar with some team members more than others, I wrote cards for everyone on the team and thanked them for helping me make this summer a learning experience.

It made all the difference. All of them were very surprised and touched that I had thought to write them a little note. I know that these people will always be there for me in the future if I need any help and I’m happy that my card is my last impression on them.

I’d like to end my series of blog posts this summer at Kapten by thanking Babson for helping me advance my career. I’ve learned an unbelievable amount about myself and what I want to do in the future.