Idle Hands are the Devils Workshop

Somehow I seem to always find myself in internships where I constantly do not have enough work to do. I am one of those people who would rather be stressed out with too much on my plate, than nothing to do. So it is very difficult for me to sit at a desk day after day struggling to find things to do. And yet here I am, two summers in a row with so much that I want to give to these companies and neither of them have wanted to take what I have to offer. I understand that every job has its down time, but when it happens day after day it gets frustrating

I would give my everything to a company that wanted it from me, and yet I can’t seem to find one. I am such a dedicated hard worker and I would love to put that to use each and every day. I have been undervalued and under challenged as an intern, and I am hoping that my career after graduation is much different.

With so much idle time, I have had the opportunity to really evaluate myself and where I want to go in life. I was very sure going into this internship that I would fall in love with this industry and walk off into the sunset with a career in this field after graduation. But I was wrong. And now I am very unsure of what I will be doing with the rest of my life. Idle hands truly are the devils workshop as I am continually questioning my life during this internship. I want more than anything to find my passion and to make a career out of it, but it has been much easier said than done for me so far.

So to my future career: I hope I am extremely passionate about you. I hope you are willing to keep me busy and I’ll even take stressed out at times. I hope you accept my desire to want to work hard to better you and to be challenged by you. And I hope above all you bring me happiness.