Finding My Way to TechStyle

As my first blog, I found it only appropriate to introduce myself. I am an incoming Junior at Babson College, from Manhattan Beach, California. When I was applying to internships I mainly focused on Los Angeles based internships and a few Boston based internships. My interests ranged from Marketing to Operations and I focused on fashion based companies, because that is something that has always interested me.

The first roadblock I encountered when searching for an internship was that majority of the internships I was interested in required applicants to be a rising Senior or recent graduate; this narrowed down my options. The next problem I encountered was majority of the internships within the fashion industry were looking to hire someone who was able to start as soon as soon as possible, and because I was looking early on and go to school across the country, this also narrowed down my options. I found that, unlike other industries, the fashion industry hired interns on a more need based situation, rather than a structured program, like many finance and accounting firms. My final biggest roadblock was that majority of the internships I was interested in were unpaid.

After weeks of searching I decided to start looking directly online for internship applications for companies that were headquartered around Los Angeles, that is when I decided to apply for TechStyle. I saw they had an open internship position to work with the Senior Buyer for two of the branches (Justfab and Shoedazzle) within the company, which was exactly what I was interested in doing.