Babson’s First Ever FME Awards: THE LENNYS

This year I have had the  opportunity to do so many things as n FME Mentor.  I learned how to use a 3D printer, helped three amazing companies throughout the year and worked with some incredible people. Shout out to the Section 5 Teaching Team. Being a Mentor has been such a humbling experience, that will forever be a huge part of my Babson Experience. In addition to the typical FME Mentor experience, I had the unique chance to help plan an FME-Mentor led event: The Lennys.

My co-host Ale and I on the Green Carpet

My co-host Ale and I, on the Green Carpet

The Lennys initially came out of the idea Vikrant Ghate (Vik), a fellow FME Mentor, had based off a concept E-Tower is hoping to bring to Boston. Alejandro (Ale) Flores and I, along with the help of Professor Erik Noyes and Assistant Director of Academic Services Michele Kerrigan, took this large vision and made with work on a smaller scale. Decided to plan an Award Show to highlight the successes and struggles of the FME Business Ventures.

The green carpet was rolled out on April 26th, in the Lenordard Schlesinger Innovation Center for the Lennys. Many companies were nominated for seven categories by their Professors and Mentors, but then a committee determined the finalist for the award show. At the show Processors, Mentors, Administrators, and Students came in their finest to celebrate the end of the Business Ventors. The winners were given a small 3D printed “Lenny” and were asked to give a small acceptance speech. The event was a huge success and the hopes are to continue this Award Show each year. winners announcementI had such a blast planning and hosting the event. And am in awe of how well it went off! Babson does so much for their students, and I feel lucky to have had not only the opportunity but the support to plan this event.