Infusion Nurses Society (INS) 40th Birthday Celebration Experience

Post by Emily Levy ‘16

“The Infusion Nurses Society (INS), located in Norwood, MA, is a national nonprofit organization founded in 1973. For more than 40 years, INS has been committed to bringing innovative new resources and opportunities to a wide range of healthcare professionals who are involved with the specialty practice of infusion therapy. We are dedicated to advancing the delivery of quality therapy to patients, enhancing the specialty through stringent standards of practice and professional ethics, and promoting research and education in the infusion nursing practice.” (INS.com)

I am the CEO and Co-Founder of PICCPerfect. PICCPerfect creates after market medical accessories for patients going through long-term treatment. Our first product is the PICCPerfect PICC line cover that allows patients to safely and securely protect their PICC line. Our covers are antimicrobial, moisture wicking, machine washable, and contain 4-way stretch. PICCPerfect’s products are fashionable medical accessories that are made in the USA.

As a part of our marketing strategy, I have been going to nursing conferences to network with nurses, vendors, and influential members of the infusion industry.

Going to the INS 40th Birthday Celebration was a great event for me. I got to meet over 200 nurses who could potentially recommend our product to their patients. I was able to speak directly to over 50 nurses and I gave out 15 samples to nurses. Many nurses I had met before and they gave me more product feedback and different sales channel suggestions. The event was from 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. and I also got to go to four talks from experienced nurses who educated the audience about best practices for PICC line patients.

Through going to nursing networking events I am getting our product out there and being the face of our company. Nurses love to help college students, and especially young female entrepreneurs. Thank you very much to the Undergraduate Professional Accelerator Fund for the opportunity to attend this event!