Alcatraz Night Tour/Beach Blanket Babylon

This weekend the Babson SF group had a group night tour to Alcatraz Island, a place that once housed a high security prison called Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary. I had never been to the island before and I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was very pleased with my visit. Each of us had a guided headphone tour through the former prison and we were able to understand the lives of the form prisoners who lived there. It was interesting to see that the island was well preserved and maintained its historical feel. The night tour was the perfect way to learn more about the Bay Area and its history in an interactive way.

The next day we all took a trip to see Beach Blanket Babylon, a popular musical in San Francisco. Although, I don’t know where the name came from; I really enjoyed the show. It was a satirical commentary on popular culture in America and a story of the protagonist, Snow White’s journey to true love. I don’t remember the last time I laughed so much, most of the characters in the play wore extravagant hats; I would definitely go again!

My weekend in San Francisco was awesome, I enjoyed getting to learn about the history of San Francisco through the Alcatraz tour and then also having the opportunity to laugh and engage in the culture at Beach Blanket Babylon.

photo 2 (4)

beach-blanket-babylon (1)

(sffuncheap.com)