Learning from Karmaloop

Going into my internship at Karmaloop/PLNDR, I had a list, or an idea of what I wanted to learn and apply to other organizations I am involved in.  Thankfully, I was able to to learn what I wanted to, which mainly pertained to social media.  Since I am beginning the bulk of my marketing classes at Babson this Fall, I did not know what to expect out of this, so my list or expectations was not much.

There are certain things I learned at Karmaloop that I would not have thought of adding to my list beforehand, which contributed to my experience. ¬†It is an added bonus. ¬†These things including running and maintaining promotions, scheduling integrative posts, tracking, pulling links, etc. ¬†All of these taught me a little more about social media marketing, that will hopefully give me a boost going into my classes this Fall. ¬†Along with this, I have also begun to use this on my own business, which has proven efficient and effective. ¬†Instead of just posting when something comes to mind, I can plan days or weeks in advance, and add or edit as needed. ¬†I can also see where the traffic to my site is coming from, something I did not realize would be useful beforehand. ¬†I am grateful for my time at Karmaloop, and I can’t wait to begin learning even more on this subject in the Fall.