While it begins…. I’m up for the challenge!

First Day at EDC AYP

First Day at EDC AYP

It’s 6:30AM in Monrovia and I’m already dressed up with my backpack on and and trying to find a taxi to drop me off at the Education Development Center Advancing Youth Project office in Sinkor, Monrovia. At exactly 7:30 I was dropped off opposite a cream and brown looking three storey building that hosts the EDC.  Security check-in was expedient. I only really wondered why I have to check my laptop in and out everyday. Anyways, that won’t be a problem. Bumped into an energetic and ever smiling young man at the entrance of the Building. Hi, I am Marvin… oh!, you are the Marvin? My name is Charles Wleh, I’m the Community and Outreach team Lead and you’ll be working with us. Welcome!. He quickly started to introduce me to anyone we met along our way to the office. It was still a few minutes short of 8:00am as we entered a dusky shared office awaiting the light to be switched on at 8:00 am.

I had a planned orientation schedule to visit the different teams associated with the Project. Over my first three (3) days, I’ve come to realize that it was extremely important to visit those offices. The project, as I’ve been exposed to, is multifaceted, even puzzling on some levels. Ultimately, its goals of empowering out of school youth and young adults in Liberia with alternative basic education and livelihood skills is invaluable. I’m very excited and eager to learn as much as I can for the next two months here with these amazing people. I’m up for the challenge!