All Good Things Must Come to an End

1460 days. It is hard to believe that this is how long I have been at Babson! It began on a rainy Friday afternoon in April, when I left an Admitted Student Day event and placed down my deposit for my spot in the Class of 2014. Despite the gloomy weather, I had this glowing outlook and was ecstatic for the next four years. Let me give you an idea of how these years went.

First 365 days: I become a Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership Scholar (known as Women’s Leadership Program, at the time), and created strong bonds with the other women in this program as we adjusted to college together. I said bye to my family for the first time, as they moved me into college, about 3000 miles away from home. I joined a sorority, Chi Omega, and learned how amazing it is to have a home-away-from-home family. I remember taking my first exam, which was about a month into college for my Foundations of Management and Entrepreneurship course. My amazing instructors, Professor Yamakawa and Professor Grossman, spent a ridiculous amount of out of class time preparing us for the exam, and even ate breakfast with us the morning before, to ease our nerves.

My year one highlight I will never forget: orientation week and the late night, year-long hall sitting in Central. Also, granting a wish for Make-a-Wish foundation with my sorority.

Freshman year roommates

Freshman year roommates

Second 365 days: I realized that there was a difference in being good at something and truly enjoying it.  As a result, I changed my concentration from Accounting to Finance. I made new friends, and tried new things. I was given a little sister in my sorority, who is now one of my best friends. I helped initiate and launch a program to bring ten Babson women to Rwanda for a month to teach entrepreneurship to high school students. I landed an internship at a startup company in Seattle. I learned how to network.

My year two highlight I will never forget: meeting one of my best friends.

My Little Sister in the sorority

My Little Sister in the sorority

Third 365 days: Starting the year off, I enjoyed being a peer mentor to twenty incredible first-year students. I began a two year-long job working in the Admission Office at Babson. In the fall, I took a trip to Wall Street with twenty other Babson students, and toured four large banks. I landed an internship in Boston at PricewaterhouseCoopers. At the internship, I got chosen to represent my office in Belize, to teach business literacy to underprivileged elementary school children.

My year three highlight I will never forget: studying abroad in Barcelona for spring semester, and traveling all over Europe.

Study abroad in Barcelona

Study abroad in Barcelona

Last 365 days: I received and accepted a job offer from PricewaterhouseCoopers, to work in their San Francisco office, doing Consulting! I moved into a suite with five of my best friends. Starting the year off, I helped the exchange students at Babson adjust to the culture here, as an Exchange Ambassador Orientation Leader. I took the time to enjoy the friendships that have cultivated over the last four years. For the first time ever, I planned an event that brought five alumni to campus to speak to students about how to adjust to the workplace. Oh, and with just four months left of college, I decided to join my Senior Class Steering Committee. I put soaked up ever last second with the people I love, as I planned my move to San Francisco.

My Suite

My Suite

Today, I sit here on my very last day of work that I will ever have in the Admission Office at Babson. Ironically enough, as I look at the window, I see that same gloomy weather I saw, in April of 2010 when I knew I would be spending my next four years at Babson. As sad as I am to leave it all behind, I am ecstatic for the future! Babson, thank you for the friendships, the laughter, the all-nighters, and the challenges. I would never be where I am today without  you!