Staying Organized

Staying organized is generally an important thing. It is extremely important when you live my life. This semester I am on my sorority’s executive board as well as junior executive board, on the swim team, in the club Colleges Against Cancer and a FME mentor. (Are you as exhausted from hearing that as I am listing it?) Not only am I extremely involved, I also have to go to class! Now I am definitely not the only on campus who has a life like this. Babson students tend be be involved in everything. And how we mange to do it all is by staying organized.

I am not the most organized person in the world, but this semester I am try so hard to keep organized. Now here is my plan for the semester to keep everything straight.

1. Have a planner: A planner is a great way to keep everything organized. Between meetings and homework, EVERYTHING is in there. I also have a couple of copies of my calendar. I use Google calenders to keep important events in which is the greatest thing in in the world. You can access the calendar from any computer with internet. This means as long as you are by a computer you can see you calendar. Google calendar also can connect to smart phones. This means if I put something in the Google calendar it will end up in my phone and vice versa. Now even on they go I can access my calendar.

2. Make To Do lists:Now this may seem very silly at times, but they are a hug lifesaver!  These allow me to think about what I need to get done and write it all down. After everything is down, I am able to prioritize what I need to do. Meetings and hw tend to come first when things like, clean room tend to go to the bottom. (However if I know my parents are coming to visit, cleaning my room becomes priority number one. To Do List are also nice because it allows you to cross things off as you get them done. My friends and I find nothing that makes us feel more accomplished than crossing off something on our to do lists.

3.Know When to Say No: Last year this was kind of a hard thing for me, since I wanted to do everything and help everyone. However it is IMPOSSIBLE to do everything. It is okay to say no every once and a while because you are busy. If you are feeling stress from stuff you have to get done, adding another thing will make the stress increase even more.

Stay organized busy Beavers!