Entrepreneurial Events in Boston

Boston is a happening place for young entrepreneurs. I recently had the opportunity to attend two exciting events in the Boston area. One of the day-long events was known as College Think Tank Boston, a program running for the first year to bring together area college students to help solve some of the city of Boston’s problems. The second event I was fortunate to have the opportunity to attend was XSITE 2013: The Xconomy Summit on Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship, held at Babson College.
At College Think Tank Boston, students from the Boston area schools joined together to come up with ideas to improve the business vacancy spaces in the city of Boston. We were divided into diverse groups in order to tackle this challenge and later made presentations to the entire room including the mayor, city planning officials, and other prominent figures. Not only was this a unique experience to interact with different students, but it was hosted at the incredible Mass Challenge building. This fostered a great sense of entrepreneurial spirit for the day. I was joined by two other Babson students at the event, a number I’m sure will increase in the second and subsequent years.
College-Think-Tank
Last week I attended the XSITE Xconomy Summit held at Babson. As a Babson College student and on behalf of the company for which I am interning (Janji), there were many great takeaways from the day’s events. Several great speakers representing young startups shared their wisdom and experiences with the audience. Some of the key messages included customer satisfaction, technology for efficiency, building a great team, and effectively maximizing business potential. In addition to the speakers, there were great networking opportunities and a lot of entrepreneurial thought and action in the air.
displaymedia
I would recommend checking out these events next year and continuing to seek opportunities to engage in similar experiences!