Undergraduate Blog / Admission

I Left My Heart In Texas

TX

Only in TX!

Two weekends ago I covered a few life milestones:

1. Went to Texas for the first time.
  2. Tried Buffalo and loved it.
  3. Sat on a bull.

Needless to say, with just that minimal description, you could probably guess I had an awesome adventure and you’re right, I did. I had the pleasure of traveling to Dallas, TX to participate in Uplift Education’s JUMP Day.

JUMP stands for Junior to Undergrad Master Plan and is a program designed to jump-start the college search process for juniors and provide them insight into the application process from admission counselors around the country.

JUMP1

JUMP Day Participants

Overall, it was a dynamic day filled with workshops, meet and greets, in addition to one-on-one discussion with students and counselors alike. I met some incredible students from the Dallas Area, who came with great questions and a sincere interest in learning about the overall college application process and the specific schools in attendance.

I was just so impressed with the students that I met and how committed they are to finding the “best fit” school for them. There were so many honest questions and genuine interest in our discussion panels throughout the day; everyone in attendance truly benefited from the program.

Babson Pride!

Babson Pride!

For any juniors out there tuning in, remember, the college search process will be one of the best investments you’ll ever make. You’ll find where you belong, if you just put down that iPhone, cancel your weekend plans and agree to dedicate some time to the process. Yes it will be stressful, yes there will be long discussions to follow, potential arguments with parents in the car, at home, everywhere…but you will find your best fit school.

So what are you waiting for? Spring has sprung! Get out there and visit!

Uplift