Dam Good Opportunities

Babson College is home to the Beavers with Biz E. Beaver as the mascot of the school. That not only refers to the entrepreneurial mindset of students at Babson, but also the wide range of options available on campus to keep students busy. Quickly approaching the end of my first semester at Babson, I have already been overwhelmed with the multitude of resources and opportunities!

There are so many things going on around campus that it becomes difficult to keep track of everything. I have even found myself participating in some events on campus I wouldn’t have expected. Time management is essential to keep things balanced and find time to sleep.

Athletics: One opportunity on campus is athletics, whether you are looking to compete or cheer as a spectator. I have had the opportunity to be on the Varsity Cross Country and Track and Field Teams at Babson and continue to participate a sport I am passionate about. As a spectator, last week I  watched a club basketball game at Babson and it was a lot of fun!

Babson Cross Country

Arts: Even though Babson is a business school, I have still found strong connections with the arts. Over the past month, I have had the opportunity to attend both a play and a musical, as well as the Babson Cabaret Night which showcased many of Babson’s top performers. It is amazing to see so many talented Babson students sharing their musical and theatrical abilities outside the classroom.

Academics: There are a wide range of academic opportunities at Babson. Whether competing in an Accounting Case competition or hearing a CEO speak, there are so many intellectually enriching experiences available for the students. In addition, the professors and support staff at Babson College are so open to having discussions with students and they are really willing to take the time to advise and help make the educational experience at Babson incredible!

Activities: Many Babson organizations have been holding some exciting events for students this fall. There is always something going on…ranging from trivia, bingo, and pep rallies to performers, comedians, casino night, and dance parties. Through these activities I have been able to meet some truly amazing people, not to mention win some awesome prizes and of course the food!

The people at Babson are both supportive and fun. Check out the video below that I made with my friend who was running for Class of 2016 Steering Committee to see another side of Babson and its staff! (And yes, he was elected!)

There are so many great resources and opportunities at Babson and taking advantage of them has made my experience better than I expected. I can’t wait to get involved in the additional opportunities that lie ahead as I continue to define “My Babson” experience!