#Babson

Babson students love social media. Last week, a Facebook trend swept college campuses across the Boston area. A company started a challenge called Facebook BeanPot. Basically, students from eleven Boston area colleges were to compete to see who could gain the most school spirit on Facebook and reach one thousand points first. We earned points by posting statuses or pictures that included the word “#Babson”. If our peers commented on, liked, or shared these posts, we would gain more points.

Every time I logged into my Facebook page last week, I saw students, faculty, staff, and alumni posting status after status that included #Babson. Upon driving into campus Saturday afternoon, to my surprise I even found a hashtag (#) in front of “Babson” on the college entry way sign!

I was amazed to see how involved the entire Babson community became; the school spirit was incredible. Before one week was over, our college had won the competition. We were up against schools that have much larger student bodies. This competition reminded me of why I love this place so much. I feel so lucky to be a part of this small community that is made up of overachieving individuals who have so much passion for what they believe in. #Babson, I love you!