Reflection

Walking around Washington Square Park and people-watching. Shopping in SoHo. Running to the subway every morning to make it in time for work. Making plans with acquaintances that became good friends. Hanging out with good friends that became best friends. Trying new foods. Talking to strangers–

5 days at home and I’m already having NYC withdrawals.

I can’t even believe how quickly this summer went by! My internship in New York City was truly an amazing experience and such an eye-opener. I already miss the people I worked with, the new friends I made and the noisy city streets. Working in New York and being able to explore the city, try new restaurants, visit the best spots in the area and meet new people just made my summer so exciting. I only had one close friend that I knew before I came to NYC but I left knowing many more by the end of the summer.

The whole experience really made me a more approachable and outgoing person. I feel that because I was in a situation where I didn’t know many people, I was forced to be more open and sociable with people in order to make new friends, go out and have a good time. Looking back, I can see that I have actually changed for the better, as I have become more independent and approachable as a person.

I am definitely going to keep in touch with the friends that I have made this past summer, and hopefully will see some of them in Europe when I study abroad this fall! I’m so excited to be able to say that I have spent some time in New York City because it is a place I have always wanted to explore, and now that I have, I know that I can always go back and be comfortable with the environment. Hopefully I will be back next summer for round 2, because NYC is the place to be.