Introduction =)

Hi there!

My name is Jillian Smith.  I am a junior concentrating in Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Babson so far and am currently involved with several organizations: the Women’s Leadership Program, the Babson Dance Ensemble, the Babson Players, the Admissions Assistant Program, and Women Giving Back. I’m also the Editor In Chief of the Babsonian Yearbook, a Peer Mentor, and a supporter of Open.

I’ve participated in two off-shore programs: the social entrepreneurship, women’s empowerment, and eco-enterprise program in Turkey (Summer of 2010), which was an incredible experience as was the London Stage program in which I took part over this past winter break.

I have started my own business—A Waltz To Remember—where I provide private dance lessons and customized choreography for a couple’s wedding day. Ballroom dancing is certainly a passion of mine, which is why I have expanded this particular interest to another campus. I was recruited to join the MIT Ballroom Dancing Team and competed for the first time last semester. We have five more competitions this semester, one being in Maryland for Nationals!

This is a little bit about me and only part of my “My Babson” experience. I’ll definitely be touching on experiences in and out of the classroom in the weeks to come, so keep a look out. Also, if there is anything you would like to know more about please let me know!  I am happy to answer any questions…so fire away! =)