Undergraduate Blog / Admission

Summer Interns

As I realize that many of you will be visiting our campus over the summer, I thought I would allow our two summer interns to introduce themselves.

Asa Cary is a rising sophomore from Baltimore, MD and is extremely excited to be working at Babson this summer. Asa is involved with campus tours; ONE tower, one of our special interest organizations; the Babson Players, Babson’s theater group; the Black Student Union; as well as being heavily involved with different shows and events, whether through attendance or participation in the process. Asa is extremely excited to have a chance to meet and greet all those who are interested in Babson as their future college. With a wealth of knowledge even for only going into his second year, Asa is prepared to share that with all visitors why Babson was a great choice for him and he is excited to help others decide if Babson is the right school for them.

Jillian Smith is a rising junior from Winslow, Maine and is absolutely thrilled to be giving tours this summer. She loves sharing her experiences with prospective students and their families as well as answering any questions they may have.

“The opportunities, experiences, and net working abilities at Babson are endless. Coming to Babson was one of the best decisions of my life. I have met people not only from all over this country, but also all over the world.  You get a taste of every aspect of business during your freshman year. You get the real experience. Rather than reading about it in books, you’ll be living it. Babson is a relatively small campus–you will not be a number here. Your professors know you by name, know and care what you are involved in on campus, and are available to help. They strive to help us succeed. There is a great support system at Babson for anything you need. ”

She is currently involved in the Women’s Leadership Program, the Babson Dance Ensemble, the Babson Players, the Admissions Assistant Program, and Women Giving Back. She is the Editor In Chief of the Babsonian Yearbook, a Peer Mentor, a supporter of Open, and a member of the Healthy-Living Tower. She is concentrating in Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management. Jillian has started her own business- A Waltz To Remember, where she provides private dance lessons and customized choreography for a couple’s wedding day.

“I have been able to capitalize on opportunities by being on this campus and know that this will continue to happen throughout my career here and beyond. You do not need to join a lot of clubs in order to have a true Babson experience. It is what you make of it. Babson was the perfect fit for me and I will gladly answer any questions to help you figure out if Babson is the perfect fit for you. If you do decide on Babson and are willing to put in the effort, I can promise you that you will not regret it.”