Undergraduate Blog / Admission

Transition to Summer

Before I worked in college admission, I was a high school teacher for four years.  The end of the school year was bittersweet, as we looked forward to summer and all the joys that it brings, but we as teachers were sad to see our students go.

Now, here at Babson, it is a completely different transition.  The students leave, they graduate and move onto the big real world, but we  staff members remain on campus. All our interns left, and I was starting to get sad. Just when I was starting to get lonely, our two summer interns started work here in Lunder.  If you come to visit this summer, you will have the pleasure of meeting possibily both Lee and Liz. 

Amazingly, there is still quite a bit going on throughout campus despite our decline in population for the summer months.  Last week, the Office of Undergraduate Admission and the Office of Academic Services welcomed all admitted transfer students to campus.  Yesterday was our deposit deadline, and I am happy to say that we have a great cohort arriving on campus in the fall.  Auditions were held last week for the Babson Players’ summer production of “A Midsummer’s Night Dream”. On Thursday, the Red Sox play at 1:05, and Sodexho, our food service provider, will hawk hot dogs and sausages from outside carts just like they do at Fenway.  Later that evening, a group of students will accompany Dean Hanno to the Blue Man group.

Summer days are here, and it is hard to believe how much activity there is on campus.