Fidelity – Associate Sector Analyst
The following information was obtained from a survey of Babson students following recent on campus interviews.
Position: Associate Sector Specialist
Number of Interviewers: 2
· Interviewers: An junior executive, senior executive
Types of Questions:
· Behavioral: 60%
How difficult was the interview:
· “Walk in the Park”: 40%
· “It was okay”:60%
How friendly were your interviewers:
· Easy Going: 20%
· Tough, but not bad: 20%
· Friendly: 60%
· None Offered
What resources did you use to prepare for this interview:
· Vault guides: 60%
· Company website: 80%
· CCD Website: 60%
· Horn Resources:20%
· Career Connections: 40%
· Google: 60%
· Wikipedia: 40%
· BIBA Prep Guide: 20%
· Wet Feet: 20%
After the interview, did you feel you had a better understanding of the position you were applying for:
· Yes: 80%
After the interview, how interested were you in the company:
· More interested: 40%
· About the Same: 40%
Did you have any prior contact with people from this organization:
· MCFE supervisor
What questions did you ask the interviewer:
· How does current financial turmoil affect Fidelity, particularly in the division I’m being interviewed.
· How is the daily life for this particular position?
· How is Fidelity handling the current market situation?
· Have they seen clients pull money out?
· What is the situation with the Johnson family?
· What development opportunities does Fidelity offer to undergrads?
· Are there any questions I have not answered?
· Know the company!
· Master the resume!
· Prepare for any pop up question & don’t hesitate if they were going against your comments!!! (Very important… Make a clear statement and support it as much as possible)
· Make sure you really understand about the position. For example, if you are interviewing for Sector Specialist, it is good to have an idea about certain industry.