New, Free Babson College edX Courses Available Now
Babson College has expanded its free edX course offerings to include:
- Economics: Consumer Demand, taught by Visiting Assistant Professor John Korsak, and
- Customer Centric Marketing for Entrepreneurs, with Adjunct Lecturer Beth Goldstein.
Last year, Babson partnered with edX to launch a new online course series—Business Principles and Entrepreneurial Thought—designed for entrepreneurs of all kinds, both those seeking to apply Entrepreneurial Thought & Action® within existing organizations, and those who are developing or launching their own ventures.
Since then, over 60,000 people from more than 230 countries have completed BabsonX courses. Babson will continue to add to its edX courses and instructors in Spring 2018.
Economics: Consumer Demand
Enroll now for this self-paced course launching Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Demand is a simple yet challenging concept that is essential to understanding how markets function. In this economics course, you will gain a solid understanding of demand, its underlying principles, major determinants and how they are beneficial for individuals, decision makers inside the firm, and policy makers.
What you will learn:
- Why demand is a negative relationship between price and quantity
- How to identify market changes that will impact demand
- How to define the price elasticity of demand
- The relationship between price elasticity of demand and changing market conditions
Customer Centric Marketing for Entrepreneurs
Enroll now for the four-week live course launching Monday, November 27, 2017, with an optional $49 Verified Certificate upon completion. The self-paced course launches on Monday, January 22, 2018.
It is not uncommon for students, executives, and business owners to feel overwhelmed by the myriad of marketing solutions available today. How do you decide if social media, direct sales, or perhaps event marketing is right for your business? This course helps you understand how to build a brand and reach your potential and current customers in the most effective and efficient manner.
What you will learn:
- How to use customer discovery tools to identify market needs, problems and opportunities
- Create customer profiles and personas that help you identify the right marketing channels to reach your customers
- Respond to evolving customer needs using personal, digital, social and mobile spheres
- Develop content and messaging that directly addresses consumer needs and drives brand excitement
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics and milestones to measure the success of your campaign