Babson Students Host Sallie Mae Hackathon
Babson College and Sallie Mae invites students to a “design thinking hackathon” to develop innovative fintech ideas for the biggest financial problems students are facing. This event is open to all undergraduate and graduate students, alumni, and faculty. No technical skills are required.
When: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Students will be able to explore on the current fintech solutions that are growing in the business world and will use their innovative skills to implement a hands-on project in order to solve financial issues that students are facing.
The winning team will receive a total of $400 in Amazon gift cards.
- Presentation on financial technologies by Professor Stephen Gordon
- Brainstorming, Ideation, Prototyping Phases and Presentations
- Marc Antunes MBA ‘18
- Nadira Zahiruddin ‘19
- Yagmur Akgul ‘18
- Kristyn Harmon, Vice President of Digital Strategy, Sallie Mae
- Valeska O’Leary, Director of UX and Design, Sallie Mae
- Kristin Hawley-Johnson, Director, Regional Sales/Business Development, Sallie Mae
- Creativity: How creative and innovative is this product, service, or solution compared to existing technologies?
- Potential for Impact: How much is this product/service/solution going to impact someone’s life? Is it going to make people’s life easier?
- Feasibility: Is the implementation of this product, service, or solution possible in a real business model?
Rules for Participants:
- Students will be allowed to form their own teams
- Each team will consist of four participants
- Each team should only focus on the case given at the corresponding table
- Each participant must sign the “Idea Submission Form.”
- Each participant must sign the “Media Consent Form”.
Food and beverages will be served and all supplies will be provided.
This hackathon and project with Sallie Mae is a result of the Management Consulting Field Experience program at Babson.