Babson College Welcomes Class of 2020, 1st Class Of Our 2nd Century
Babson College welcomes the undergraduate Class of 2020 to campus, noteworthy, because of these impressive numbers:
- Babson’s admission process remains highly selective with an acceptance rate of 25 percent—the lowest acceptance rate in Babson’s history.
- First-year applications reached 7,649—the highest application total Babson has ever received. Applications rose 25 percent since 2013.
- Unprecedented yield rate of 31% (up 3% year-over-year) resulting in 588 registered students.
- Diversity: 25% of U.S. first year students are from under-represented minority groups (9% African-American and 16% Latino; this is a total increase of 6% from the previous year).
- Record number (451) of early decision applications (a 27% increase from last year).
- Twenty-nine percent of first year students are international students (an additional 10% of our first year students have U.S. dual citizenship).
- Our 167 international students represent 53 countries with the top five countries as follows: China (25%), India (17%), South Korea (5%), Canada (5%), Brazil (4%), and Indonesia (4%).
- Ten Global Scholars, 10 Citizenships (Burundi, Brazil, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Nigeria).
The Babson College Undergraduate School provides a top-flight business education blending innovative, integrated and applied business and liberal arts programs with curricular and cocurricular learning experiences.