Babson Collaborative for Entrepreneurship Education to Host 2018 Summit in Spain
The Babson Collaborative for Entrepreneurship Education (the Collaborative) will host its annual member’s summit in Valencia, Spain, April 17-19, 2018.
The Collaborative is an institutional membership organization that connects and convenes institutions that aspire to build and grow entrepreneurship education programs for a better world.
Members are those seeking to increase their capability and capacity in entrepreneurship education, and share in a belief that acting together will achieve more than each working alone towards its entrepreneurial mission and goals.
At this year’s summit, members will engage in presentations on The State of the Babson Collaborative, Designing “Collaboration,” How to Build a Social Innovation Ecosystem Inside the University, and Conscious Capitalism.
A special event will feature the presentation of Babson’s 2018 Academy of Distinguished Entrepreneurs® Award to Valencia’s own Juan Roig, President of Mercadona—a Spanish, family-owned supermarket chain. Participants will also get the opportunity to visit the Mercadona Innovation Center.
Since its launch in 2017, the Collaborative has:
- Grown to 30 member schools from around the world, and has several more schools with applications under review;
- Connected over 200 faculty and staff of member institutions through the Collaborative member-only portal, newsletters, and programming;
- Created the Collaborative Content Library that includes cases, syllabi, teaching notes, entrepreneurship center manuals among other things from member schools;
- Trained over 60 faculty members from participating schools through Babson’s SEE (Symposium for Entrepreneurship Education) and other faculty development programs;
- Hosted eight webinars on topics relevant to entrepreneurship education;
- And held two Collaborative Summits – the first in Dubai in 2016, then Bangkok in 2017.
- In addition to the above, member schools are connecting and collaborating with one another in various areas related to entrepreneurship education.
Following the Summit in Valencia, the Collaborative will travel to Madrid for Babson’s fourth annual Babson Connect: Worldwide—a premier global business summit set to bring together renowned figures in the international business community, as well as Babson alumni, faculty, parents, administrators, and friends. Together, they will celebrate and learn from the the ways in which Entrepreneurial Thought & Action® positively transforms businesses, societies, and lives worldwide.