Faculty & Leadership Blog / Strategy Updates

President’s October Update – Finances Of The College

In the latest of our strategy videos, we focus on the finances of the College.  I asked Shahid Ansari, Provost; Carolyn Hotchkiss, Dean of Faculty; and Phil Shapiro, Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer to join me in explaining the College’s finances in some detail.  Our intent is to build a broader understanding of the financial model for Babson going forward.

The video includes brief presentations and discussions around an introduction and four parts:  1) State of the College finances, 2) Operating model of the College, 3) Endowment economics and fundraising; and 4) Future sources of revenue:  a diversified model.  Each part is labeled by title and length.

This conversation on the finances of the College started at the opening faculty meeting of the year and,¬† after producing this video, I thought it was important to ensure that all members of the Babson community‚ÄĒfaculty and staff‚ÄĒhave the opportunity to see it.

The video should not be considered as an answer to all your questions.  Instead, I hope you will view it as the next step in stimulating more conversation on this important subject.  I look forward to your comments, questions, and suggestions.