Babson College – Empowering Women to be Business Leaders Everywhere!
If you missed Women’s Preview Day last Friday, you missed an exciting event! Participants from around the world gathered together to learn why Babson was just ranked #8 for greatest opportunity for women by The Princeton Review. As we all know, women today are redefining the workplace and themselves. At Babson, you’ll learn how to do both.
As a graduate student, you’ll have access to resources that are very unique to Babson:
- We are proud to be a founding member of the Forte Foundation. We were one of the first to recognize the value of women in business and, as Susan Duffy stated in her keynote address at Women’s Preview Day, provide women with the tools to “throw rocks at the glass ceiling”.
- The Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership (CWEL), the first academic center focused on women’s leadership at a premier business school, is located next door to the graduate school. CWEL promotes a “Gender Enlightened” campus culture and offers a variety of resources & programs including WIN Lab, Breakaway Challenge, educational programs and inspiring speakers to help women grow as leaders in all areas of business.
- You can also build your network by joining BAWMBA, a student-run organization that provides female graduate students in our MBA and MS programs with opportunities to develop personally and professionally through mentor programs, peer-to-peer conversations, and networking events.
Throughout Women’s Preview Day there were so many great quotes that ran through my mind from female business leaders, but one in particular continued to surface – it was spoken by African American abolitionist Harriet Tubman. She said, “Every great dream begins with a dreamer.” At Babson we agree and call those who dream, dreamers and those who do, entrepreneurs. No matter what area or graduate program that you are interested in, we hope that you will come here to dream and “do” with us!
If you want to learn more about all of these amazing resources available to women, meet us at one of our upcoming events:
- October 28: Forte C2B Leadership Conference in New York City
- October 29: NAAAP Leadership Conference in Boston
- November 4: Forte Fast Track to Finance in Boston