Graduate Blog / Graduate Life

The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor annual meeting in Mexico (video)

GEM Report Release_Fotor

Group Photo w Janco_Fotor

While at Babson I’ve had the privilege of a Graduate Assistantship with The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor and it has been an inspiring experience thus far.  In a few words, I find the most impressive aspect are the people belonging to the organization.  GEM member research represents nearly 80% of the world’s population spread out over 100 countries where each member is an eminent scholar in their study of entrepreneurship.  Members work together to publish an annual survey which is widely known as the most comprehensive study of entrepreneurship in the world.

Babson College and London Business School founded GEM in 1999.  Since then, the member nations have convened annually to release each of their respective National Reports and one Global Report.  I was fortunate to attend this year’s meeting at Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico.

Thanks particularly to the Babson Student Leadership Initiative Fund which sponsored a portion of my travel so that I might return and share this experience with you all.  Thanks.