Living Entrepreneurship Blog / Global & Multicultural

Glavin Office Student Spotlight: Temaz Ferguson

For April/May, Temaz Ferguson was showcased as our Student Spotlight …

Temaz at Machu Picchu
  1. Where is your hometown/country? My hometown is Nassau, Bahamas.

2. What’s one assignment/project that you are currently or working on that you are excited about? One assignment that I am working on for an Economic Development course is a research paper regarding Chinese Foreign Direct Investment in Latin America and the Caribbean.

3. What are you most proud of accomplishing during your time at Babson? I am most proud of the relationships I’ve made with students and faculty. I could not have been as successful as I have been without their support.

4. Within the Babson community, is there anyone/ any group of people you would like to recognize? I would like to recognize the good people of the Student Organization for Caribbean Awareness (SOCA) and Black Student Union (BSU).

5. What was the best experience/memory you had while you were abroad? My favorite experience so far has been visiting Machu Picchu in Peru. I have seen many pictures prior to visiting, but being there in person was more breathtaking than I could imagine. The pictures definitely does not do it justice.

6. What advice would you give someone who was either planning to go abroad, or who was weary about going? If you are thinking about going abroad, do it! The experiences are priceless. If money is an issue, there are so many scholarships and grants available but you will have to put in some work.