Three Minutes. Three Slides. 18th Annual Rocket Pitch
Today marks the 18th annual Rocket Pitch, sponsored by the Blank Center, Pierce Atwood LLP and Samuel Goldstein and Co. There are 48 presentations scheduled today from Babson students (ugrad, MSEL, MBA, CAM) and alumni, each with only three minutes and three slides to clearly and succinctly deliver the critical differentiating elements of their business ideas.
Some of the industries that are being represented include:
- consumer products
- social (nonprofit and for-profit)
Profiles of the startups are available on the Rocket Pitch website, read about them now >>
Can’t come to campus today? We have a live stream available on the Rocket Pitch website.
Not sure what Rocket Pitch is like? Hear from Babson alum Jon Feinman MBA’10 about his experience!:
We are excited to announce that this year we will be featuring a live feedback forum! After each pitch, the audience will have the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback to the presenter. Time is limited, so although the presenter will not be able to answer questions, we encourage all attendees to network at our reception following the pitches.
As an attendee, what kind of feedback can you provide? What questions do you have after listening to the pitch? Here are some things to consider:
- Was the presenter engaging? Were you paying attention during the presentation?
- Did their presentation have substance? Was there information that was missing or something that you were not clear on? Did you understand the business and the value proposition?
- How effective was presenter’s style? Body language? Did the presenter maintain eye contact?
- Did the presenter have a call to action? Was there a clear ask?
- Was the presenter persuasive?
- Did the presenter make a good use of visuals and/or props?
After the presentations, there will be an open networking reception. If you’re an attendee that did not have time to share feedback, please be proactive and find the entrepreneur you want to talk to. If you have advice, potential contacts, or want to get involved, reach out!
If you’re attending the event, make sure to use #babsonrp on your social media. See you at 2pm in Olin Hall!