Accelerator: Food Entrepreneurship

With resources like FoodSol on campus, it is no surprise that there are so many food entrepreneurs at Babson. There are many common themes we hear from food entrepreneurs in the Butler Venture Accelerator: how do I find a commercial kitchen? How can I get my food product on the shelf? What steps do I need to take to protect myself as the entrepreneur? Two of our hatchery businesses, Cociel and J.W. Hunt Organics, have gone through the processes of getting their food product from idea to hungry consumers. We are thrilled that both ventures will be offering peer to peer off hours on Thursday, April 21 at 5pm in the Blank Center co-working space, to help you get your food startup off the ground.

What is Cociel and J.W. Hunt Organics?:

Cociel

Cociel

Cociel
Diego Pacheco M’16 and Andres Valencia M’15
Cociel is a conscious brand created to support local producers and boost their businesses, while sharing the joy of our tropical flavors to international markets.

J.W. Hunt Organics

J.W. Hunt Organics

J.W. Hunt Organics
Trevor Grode ’19, Alex Wagner ’19, Devin Murphy ’19, Charles Morris ’19, Ryan Beaton ’19 and David Brao ’19
J.W. Hunt Organics is a health foods company which designs, creates, and sells Hemp food products to retailers and restaurants.

See you on Thursday, April 21 at 5pm in the Blank Center!