Babson Celebrates Global Entrepreneurship Week
Today marks the start of Babson’s 2015 Global Entrepreneurship Week! From November 12-19, there will be a series of events and activities celebrating innovation, entrepreneurship, and creativity during GEW. GEW brings together aspiring and inspiring entrepreneurs, helping them embrace originality, imagination, and ingenuity through local, national, and global activities. The Babson events are part of the thousands of events in 160 countries.
Here are this year’s events! Some require pre-registration – make sure to check the Babson GEW website for more details!
- Thursday, November 12 at 6pm in Knight Auditorium – Academy of Distinguished Entrepreneurs. Babson will be inducting Dorothy Cann Hamilton, Founder & CEO of the International Culinary Center and Doug Rauch, Past President of Trader Joe’s, Founder of Daily Table, and CEO of Conscious Capitalism.
- Friday, November 13 on Babson’s campus – Babson Entrepreneurship Forum. This year’s forum is transforming the traditional conference. You can expect a dynamic experience with interactive workshops and engaged panels. For the first time, the Olin F.W. Graduate School for Business is collaborating with Babson College and the Olin School of Engineering to welcome a diverse group of attendees. This is an event you cannot miss!
- Monday, November 16 at 4pm in the Blank Center Televideo Room- Butler Venture Accelerator Workshop: Division of Equity with Les Charm. Not sure how to divide equity with your founders? Join the Butler Venture Accelerator for an interactive workshop with Professor Les Charm to find out what you should be thinking about!
- Tuesday, November 17 – BASE Consultant Office Hours (by appointment) and Babson Innovation Mixer (5pm in the Blank Center). The Babson Innovation Mixer is an initiative to gather entrepreneurs of all kinds in the Babson Community to share ideas, benchmark, meet new people and businesses.
- Wednesday, November 18 – Office Hours with Samuel Goldstein & Co. (by appointment) and Butler Venture Accelerator Workshop: Intro to Logo Design (5pm in Wellesley Room). A logo is the face of a company. What graphic elements make a great logo? How do these elements convey a strong message? Find out the answers to these questions at this hands-on workshop with Dr. Caroline Daniels and Lea Tran ’18, and learn how to critically evaluate an impactful logo design.
- Thursday, November 19 at 5pm in the Blank Center co-working space – Web Summit Recap. Join the Butler Venture Accelerator for a peer to peer session! Dylan Husted’17 of SaveOhno.org and Linh Le M’16 of FaseTwo attended The Web Summit in Dublin. Hear from Dylan and Linh on how the summit went and what they learned!
For more information on Babson’s Global Entrepreneurship Week, visit the Babson GEW website or follow along on Twitter #babsonGEW.