Living Entrepreneurship Blog / The Arts

Babson’s Musical Pulse!

By Sarah-Lizz Myers: How many of us left our instruments at home to collect dust, because we never imagined in a thousand years we would want to play, let allow have time to play, here at Babson College? As a freshman, I didn’t think I would ever have time to do anything but study and work on my FME business, MixItMug. What I did not realize was how much I would miss being involved in music and having an upbeat and creative outlet. After being in music for eight years, it was time to find something to do on campus. But where is Babson’s musical pulse??

Walk into the musical rehearsals starting this month for Legally Blonde by the Babson Players, listen in on the beautiful a cappella practice of the Rocket Pitches, or come jam with the Babson Jazz Band! Musical opportunities are open all over campus and available for you to get current with your dance moves, warm up your voice, and rock your instruments! This semester I shipped my tenor saxophone from Ohio to play in the Babson Jazz Band with my fellow musicians. What will you do this spring (after surviving the Mayan apocalypse) to feel the adrenaline in Babson’s musical pulse?

image

Sarah-Lizz Myers, Class of 2016 at Babson College