Typically, at a very minimum any startup would need a website, so acquiring/retaining a technical talent is important.
Aside from technical skills, what is the next business skill that could be useful to a startup founder? Could be marketing. It is hard to outsource, and, along with sales, is everybody’s job in a startup, no matter what their title says. People like and adopt quickly a free, quality content.
A HubSpot blog describes “14 Unique Types of Content Every Marketer Should Try”.
Those types and the tools to create some of them are:
1. Animated Gifs (http://makeagif.com/)
2. Comics/Cartoons (http://www.makebeliefscomix.com)
3. Concept/Content Visualizations (http://www.visual.ly)
4. Controversial Content
5. Livestreaming Video
6. Embedded Tweets (https://dev.twitter.com/docs/embedded-tweets)
7. Event Information
9. Memes (http://memetools.com/bubbler/)
10. Music Videos
11. Original Data (http://www.surveymonkey.com)
13. SlideShare Presentations (http://www.slideshare.com)
14. User-Generated Content
Posted in Babson Entrepreneurs